Nail Fungus Home Remedies
Having a nail fungus infection on your fingernails or toenails can be embarrassing; some sufferers have even referred to it as humiliating. There are many ways to treat nail fungus infections, and here we will share some of them with you.
How Does A Nail Become Infected?
Toenails can become infected extremely easily. This is because they are constantly coming into contact with microorganisms that naturally make contact with skin. They are then able to attach to the nail sheath and eventually work their way underneath the nail and into the nail bed. The reason toenails are so prone to becoming infected by fungal spores is because they provide the perfect breeding ground, especially when it comes to someone who wears shoes and socks for the majority of the day. People who wear the same pair of shoes every day are more susceptible to developing a fungal infection than those who alternate pairs of shoes every day and allow their shoes to dry out completely before wearing them again.
It is very important to trim your toenails. Trim toenails close to the skin. Accidental chips in the nail can become an easy entry point for fungal infections.
Wear shoes that allow your feet to breathe. Wearing shoes that are too tight can cause toenail fungus because there is no air circulation inside your shoes. Also, if your shoes rub, they could easily leave an opening for a fungal infection to invade your nails or the surrounding tissue.
Typical Symptoms of Nail Fungus Infections
- Discoloration of the toenail, could be white or yellow
- Nail becomes thick or disfigured
- A stinging feeling or pain from around the nail
- Brown or black spots on the nail
- Pieces of the nail crumble, break off, flake off easily
- Oozing pus from around the nail
- A nail falling off completely
Recommended Home Remedies for Nail Fungus Infections
The sooner you catch a nail fungus infection, the easier it is to treat. If the nail fungus is already established, it will take longer for the fungus to respond to treatment, and the longer it is allowed to go, the more likely it is for you to need prescription treatment.
Here is a list of recommended treatments to use at home in treating nail fungus caught in the early stages:
- ClearFungus – This is one of the leading natural remedies used for curing toenail fungal infections. Considered a natural product that offers antifungal properties, it is not considered a home remedy. The natural ingredients in it are formulated to kill toenail fungus and help create healthy nail growth.
- VapoRub – Although it is not clear why this product is effective, it is great at stopping the growth and spread of fungal infections. The treatment does not kill the fungus, but it does prevent it from spreading and allows a healthy nail to grow until the infection has been completely trimmed away. There have not been any clinical trials completed on this product.
- Hydrogen Peroxide, Listerine and Rubbing Alcohol – Either combined or separately, all of these chemicals have shown major strides in the ability to treat nail fungus. They all provide antiseptic properties. Soak your nails and surrounding areas in your choice of these solutions. They can be combined or used separately for 20 minutes twice per day.
- Tea Tree Oil – This oil is considered a very powerful antiseptic and antifungal essential oil. Wash and dry your feet before using this product. Rub the oil on the affected area and surrounding skin twice per day after washing.
- Vinegar – Mix vinegar with equal parts water. Soak your toes in the solution for 20 to 30 minutes. Wash thoroughly and dry completely.
These remedies are great to use if the infection is caught in its early stages. If you follow instructions, you may be able to clear the infection up yourself. If the symptoms are bad, or you catch the infection later in the cycle, speak to your doctor before using a home remedy.
|Fungavir||ZetaClear||Nail-Rx||H-Nail Fungus||Dr. G’s|
|Price (1 bottle)
Price (6 bottles) Best Value
|Speed of Results||Extremely Fast||Good||Average||Average||Slow|
|Quality of Ingredients||Premium||Good||Good||Average||Unknown|
|Customer Satisfaction Evaluation||99.30%||82.50%||78.90%||76%||69%|
|Safety Evalutation||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use|
|Customer Service Rating|
|Return Policy||Risk Free||10% Restocking fee||25% Admin Fee||Risk Free||No Guarantee|